Genshin Impact 2.1 Version bought with it a new feature called Fishing in the game. Players can now fish in the open-world water bodies and catch the all-new types of fish added to the game. Along with fishing, Genshin Impact introduced a new weapon named “The Catch,” which can be acquired by fishing.
To unlock fishing in the game, you need to complete the “Exploding Population” world quest and get ahold of a fishing rod. There are many fishing spots with different kinds of fish in every single one of them. We have a detailed guide about all the locations and the fishes available in every one of them which you can check out right here.
The game has been updated to include a variety of new fish, including ornamental fish. With the addition of the “Pool of Sapphire Grace” Furnishing item to the game, you can raise those fish in your Serenitea Pot.
Every single region has its own Fishing Association. You can also trade your caught fish for blueprints and region-specific fishing rods. The fishes can also be traded for the new free weapon added to the game “The Catch” from the Inazuma Fishing Association. You can refine the weapon with the “Ako’s Sake Vessel” refining material.
About Genshin Impact’s “The Catch”:
The Catch is a 4* polearm weapon that was introduced in the Genshin Impact 2.1 update. A famous Inazuman bandit’s preferred barbed spear was The Catch. It was originally designed as a fishing harpoon, but it proved to be extremely useful in battle. The bandit allegedly pierced the magical, sword-wielding puppet before dragging it away.
It is an extremely useful weapon for almost every single polearm wielder in the game (Except for Xiao). At refinement rank 1 and level 90, it has a base attack of 510 with an Energy recharge sub-stat of 45.9%. If you’re planning to pull for Baal or already have her, this is a perfect weapon for her. We have a guide about weapons that has listed all the Ascension Materials required to fully level up “The Catch” which you can find right here.
How to get “The Catch”:
To get “The Catch” from Kujirai Momiji in Inazuma, you need to catch a certain amount of the rare fish available called Raimei Angelfish as well as more fish which are as follows:
- Raimei Angelfish x6: Raimei Angelfish is only available at nighttime between 18:00 to 6:00 according to the game’s time. It is available on the west of the Kujou Encampment, by the shipwreck. This fish respawns in 3 days in real-time.
- Golden Koi x20: These do not have a specific time of the day to spawn, and appear all over Tevyat. In Inazuma, they’re available in the Koseki Village of The Serai Islands.
- Rusty Koi x20: Just like Golden Koi, they do not a have specific time in which they spawn and are available all over Tevyat. In Inazuma, they also spawn in Koseki Village.
How to get “Ako’s Sake Vessel”:
Ako’s Sake Vessel is used for the refinement of The Catch. You need to buy 4 of them to fully refine the weapon. It can be bought from Kujirai Momiji in Inazuma.
- Raimei Angelfish x3: Raimei Angelfish is only available at nighttime between 18:00 to 6:00 according to the game’s time. It is available on the west of the Kujou Encampment, by the shipwreck. This fish respawns in 3 days in real-time.
- Pufferfish x10: They do not have a specific time of the day to appear. They’re available all over Tevyat, but in Inazuma, they can be seen in Ritou and Koseki Village in Serai islands.
- Bitter Pufferfish x10: Just like Pufferfish, they’re available all over the world. In Inazuma, they can be seen in Ritou and Nazuchi Beach.
In conclusion, there is a lot of grinding and waiting you need to do to get the weapon and fully refine it. But it will all be worth it since it’s a really good weapon to use. With that Fishing is one of the more fun and relaxing features added, so it’s not a hassle to fish all over the world. Genshin Impact The Catch is a great addition to the game to make your character into absolute batteries so don’t miss out on it! Have fun fishing!
To read about more Genshin Impact News, Builds and Guides, click here.