Genshin Impact 2.7 has just dropped, after the end of the longest version, 2.6. This new version brings the rerun of one of the most beloved characters in the game, Xiao, in Genshin Impact. This rerun came as shock to the players since he already had his second rerun in version 2.4. But some can see why it happened since he plays a big part in the new Archon quest. In any way, players who had to miss out on him before are very lucky and have this golden opportunity to summon him again. In case you can’t choose what artifact sets to use on Xiao or the weapon, we here have a thorough guide for you. So let’s get into it!
Genshin Impact Xiao Best Artifacts
Vermillion Hereafter, the new artifact set that came in version 2.6, is the BiS set for Xiao. We recommend you use the 4-piece set of Vermillion Hereafter when it comes to building Xiao. Here’s the effect of the set:
|2-piece effect:||ATK +18%|
|4-piece effect:||For 16 seconds, using an Elemental Burst improves their ATK by 8%. When a character’s HP is reduced, their ATK increases by 10%. (up to four times). This effect can be triggered every 0.8 seconds and will disappear as the character departs the field.|
If you can’t get good pieces in Vermillion Hereafter, you can always go for 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale and 2-piece Viridescent Verner.
When it comes to artifact stats, the main stats you can go for ATK% / Anemo DMG Bonus / Crit Rate or DMG. As for the sub-stats, you need ATK%, Crit Rate, Crit DMG, or Energy Recharge.
Genshin Impact Xiao Best Weapon
Here is the list of weapons that would work best for Xiao:
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear: Xiao’s signature weapon. It has the sub-stat of Crit Rate. Increases ATK by 3.2 percent for 6 seconds when struck. There are a maximum of 7 stacks. This effect can happen only once every 0.3 seconds. The amount of DMG dealt increases by 12% when you have the maximum available stacks.
- Staff of Homa: It has a sub-stat of Crit DMG. HP is increased by 20%. In addition, the ATK Bonus is based on 0.8% of the wielder’s maximum HP. This ATK benefit is increased by 1% of Max HP when the wielder’s HP is less than 50%.
- Blackcliff Pole: It has a sub-stat of Crit DMG. ATK is increased by 12% for 30 seconds after defeating an opponent. This effect can have up to three stacks, and each stack’s duration is independent of the others.
- Deathmatch: It has a sub-stat of Crit Rate. When there are at least two enemies nearby, both ATK and DEF increase by 16%. ATK is increased by 24% if there are less than 2 enemies nearby.
Genshin Impact Xiao Best Team Comp
Since Xiao’s kit takes a lot of his health away, having a healer like Bennett or Jean would be a great addition to the team. When combined with Zhongli, Albedo can offer energy while also acting as a superb Sub-DPS. Zhongli will give Xiao a shield as well as additional debuffs against foes. You can always replace them with a Pyro character or Electro character.
Genshin Impact Xiao’s Abilities and Skills
These are all of Xiao’s Normal Attack, Elemental Skill, and Elemental Burst.
Normal Attack: Whirlwind Thrust
- Normal Attack: With his polearm, he makes six fast strikes.
- Charged Attack: To accomplish an upward thrust, a certain amount of stamina is consumed.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to the ground below, inflicting damage on all enemies in its route and causing AoE damage on hit.
Elemental Skill: Lemniscatic Wind Cycling
Xiao leaps ahead, inflicting Anemo damage on all enemies in his path. It has two charges and can be used in mid-air.
Elemental Burst: Bane Of All Evil
Xiao transforms into the Yaksha and wears a ghostly mask. Xiao’s strike range expands, his jumping ability improves, and his regular attacks deal Anemo damage during this time. However, his HP will be constantly depleted while he is in this state.
Genshin Impact Xiao’s Passive Talents:
- Transcension: Gravity Defier- Reduces your party’s usage of climbing stamina by 20%.
- Conqueror of Evil: Tamer of Demons- Bane Of All Evil increases Xiao’s damage by 5% for the first three seconds, then by 5% every three seconds up to 25% until the skill stops.
- Dissolution Eon: Heaven Fall- When Lemniscatic Wind Cycling is utilized, the next Lemniscatic Wind Cycling activated within six seconds has a 10% damage boost. It’s possible to stack up to three times.
Genshin Impact Xiao’s Constellation
- Dissolution Eon – Destroyer of Worlds- Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling’s charges +1.
- Annihilation Eon – Blossom of Kaleidos- Xiao’s Energy Recharge is raised by 25% when he is in the party but not the presently active character.
- Evil Conqueror – Wrath Deity- Increases the Level of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling by 3. The maximum level of upgrade is 15.
- Transcension – Extinction of Suffering- When Xiao’s HP drops below 50%, he receives a 100% Defense Bonus.
- Evolution Eon – Origin of Ignorance- Increases the Level of Bane of All Evil by 3. The maximum level of upgrade is 15.
- Evil Conqueror – Vigilant Yaksha- When Xiao’s Plunging Attack hits at least 2 opponents while under the effects of Bane of All Evil, he will gain 1 charge of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling, and for the next 1 second, he can use Lemniscatic Wind Cycling while ignoring its Cooldown.
Building any character, in the end, will take a lot of mora and resin to go through. We hope you do get Xiao this time, and the best artifact rng possible in Genshin Impact, since the Vermillion Hereafter domain is said to be resin inefficient. Check out his Character demo to learn more about his backstory. Leave a comment down below if you have other build ideas for her and Happy Gaming!
Also Read: Xiao Ascension Materials – Genshin Impact