Krafton is back with rolling drums declaring the biggest Esports tournament held in India! The South Korean video game developer, on July 15th officially announced the first-ever BGMI tournament ‘India Series 2021‘, igniting new zeal amongst the already enthusiastic players. This tournament comes as a shining ray to new hopes making way for Indian players and gaming enthusiasts, marking the glorious beginning of eSports tournaments introduced in the country.
India Series 2021
With the official announcement going live on July 15th, the registrations have begun from July 19th. This tournament comes as a great opportunity for gamers to showcase their gaming skills, who had been forever longing for the official roadmap from Krafton. Alongside, opening doors for keen players to understand the tournament scenarios in India.
How to Register?
Interested players can register their team for the tournament on the link below following the given steps as mentioned in order:
- The link above will redirect you to the official registration page of the tournament.
- Hit the ‘Register now’ button and the form will open up into three segregated parts.
- Enter the required details in part by part as : Team details, Captain details and Player details.
- Team details- asks for team name, team owner’s name, mobile number, e-mail address and City.
- Captain details and Player details– are similar asking for Name, DOB, e-mail address, gender, character and in-game ID, ID proof, mobile number, City and State of the Captain and participating teammates.
- In the end, after filling out all the information you can simply click on ‘Submit button’ and complete the registration process.
Interested teams must make sure they qualify under all terms and eligibility criteria in order to be able to participate.
- Minimum Age for eligibility- Players must be of 16 years or more. However, participants ranging from 16-18 require a consent letter from their guardian.
- Must be a Citizen of India- Players must submit Valid ID proof to support their Indian Citizenship.
- Level and Rank- Players must have an existing BGMI account of minimum level 15 or above and must have reached the Platinum tier or more in the previous or ongoing season.
- Limited to a single team- Participating players cannot enroll for multiple teams and can only take part, play for a single team.
The Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 will start from August 2nd and will go on till the finals ending on October 10th spanning across 3 months.
The tournament is broken down into 5 qualifiers:
- In-game Qualifiers- Where 1024 teams get qualified.
Top 10 out of 15 matches to be evaluated. Starts from 2nd August-8th August.
- Online Qualifiers- 64 teams qualify.
Three Rounds of Online qualifiers. Starts from 17th August- 12th September.
- Quarter Finals- 24 teams qualify.
Teams divided into 4 groups play 6 matches to get qualified, Remaining 48 losing teams play the Loser Bracket trying to qualify for the semi-finals. Starts from 16th September – 26th September.
- Semi Finals- 16 teams qualify.
The 6 Round Robins will be played by teams divided into 3 groups. Starts from 30th September- 3rd October.
- Grand Finals-
The top 16 teams will play 20 matches over a time period of 4 days. Team with best Cumulative Score Wins. Starts from 7th October- 10th October
The first-ever BGMI tournament, The India Series 2021 being an inaugural series comes with a prize pool of a massive Rs 1,00,00,000. The first positioned team gets Rs 50,00,000 followed by prize amount till the 16th positioned team Rs 10,000.
You can always check out the Battlegrounds Mobile India official website for more details! The perks to this tournament are enormous, hurry up and get your team registered to witness this grand eSports event coming all the way from India’s own Battlegrounds.
Keep checking out our blogs regularly for more such gaming news and we’ll keep you posted on the latest trends in gaming!