Genshin Impact recently has had its largest update with the arrival of 2.0. The update added an entirely new region called Inazuma, loaded with events, new storylines, and characters, players are now looking forward to what’s coming in their next update. Through the help of leaks, data mining, and beta testing, we have a good amount of information on what players can look forward to in the next update. This information is always subject to change.
Genshin Impact 2.1 update is to be released in September of 2021. We will have to wait until MiHoYo officially announces the date.
Characters to arrive in 2.1:
Baal, Raiden Shogun– In the next release, Raiden Shogun, the Electro Archon, will be one of the headline characters. She will be a 5* Electro character with the polearm as her weapon, and she was featured in the current update’s Archon quest. She is Inazuma’s de-facto boss, and she intends to collect visions from every single vision-bearer for a mysterious statue. Baal’s appearance in 2.1 hasn’t been confirmed, so we’ll have to wait and see.
Kujou Sara– Kujou Sara is the 4* Electro archer to appear alongside Baal in her banner. She is the Tenryou Commission’s general and has also featured during the Archon quest in the Shogunate vs. Resistant combat. Kujou Sara seems to be extremely loyal to Baal.
Sagonomiya Kokomi – Sagonomiya Kokomi is a 5* Hydro character with a catalyst as her weapon of choice. She is the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island, and mainly a healer character. She is expected to debut in the 2.1 update’s second banner, which will be released in late September.
Aloy – Aloy is the free 5* star Cryo bow character. She is originally from the game Horizon Zero Dawn and is coming to Genshin Impact as a part of a collab. She will be available to Playstation players first with the 2.1 update, then to the rest of the players in subsequent releases.
There are three new bosses rumored, one of them is a plot spoiler (click here if you want the spoiler). The other two bosses, on the other hand, are as follows:
- Hydro hypostasis: We already have all the hypostases (excluding dendro) so hydro hypostasis will be an addition to them with new attacks and weaknesses.
- Electro Oceanid: This will be an addition similar to the Hydro Oceanid, but no further news regarding that.
With the addition to the hilarious fish claymore being added to the game, there will be more which are listed below:
|Predator Bow||Aloy’s free weapon||Bow|
The next update, like every other, is expected to include a variety of events, including:
- Light Caresses the Moon – The event is being centered around Liyue Moonchase Culinary festivals, it seems like players will be cooking alongside Xiangling and Keqing with the much-awaited Fish Claymore as the reward.y
- Hyakunin Ikki – a tag team event where players have to make a tag team of two characters and earn points by combo-ing them. (courtsey of Honey Hunter World)
- Spectral Secrets – No new information is out about it except it’s a Halloween-based event to track specters across Inazuma.
- Mendacious Waves – Hydro Hypotases Event
- Lunar Leviathan – A fishing event to catch Lunar Leviathan
A new fishing feature?
Finally, after a year of blasting and freezing fishes to catch them, Genshin Impact has decided to add a fishing event. Players will be able to receive fishing rods during the event. It lets you catch fish to use as an ingredient or keep the fish in your pond in the Serenitea Pot.
The whole update information is purely based on leaks and speculation and is always subject to change.
To read about more Genshin Impact news, builds and guides, click here.