If you are a golf fan and have been looking for a realistic golf game to play on your device, here is an answer to that, WGT Golf offers multiple realistic courses and brands; with its beautiful graphics, it is a great experience to play the game. Here are a few things you should know about the game before downloading it.
About the game
The game starts with a tutorial of controls. It teaches you about the basic concept of swing, power meter camera angles and the mini-map. After completing the tutorial, it takes you to the multiplayer PvP matches to play against different players. Other than head to head matches, there are different modes such as Tournaments, Stroke play, Play with friends, Topgolf, Putting green, Training.
The game mode consists of both solo and multiplayer modes to play. There are three multiplayer modes: Head to Head, Play with friends and Topgolf. The most basic one is the head to head matches in which simply the first player to put the ball into the hole wins. But as simple it may sound, you have to carefully strike the ball across the course as there are sandpits too and getting stuck in a sandpit can cause a lot of trouble if you don’t have the proper equipment.
The tournament has several sets of modes like Featured tournaments, limited-time events, Ready Go, Brackets, Country club. The featured tournament consists of special tournaments like Grand Slam. Limited time events also feature two modes: stroke play and Closest to hole. Ready go tournaments are the ones that lack just one or two players to start the tournament and will start as soon as the players join. Brackets are the tournaments that are yet to start and have a small number of players joined. Country club tournaments are the tournaments between different clubs in-game; you can join or create a club to play in this tournament.
Stroke Play mode is a multiplayer mode that features several real-life golf courses like TORREY PINES GOLF COURSE, PEBBLE BEACH, KIAWAH ISLAND. There are different courses too that unlock after completing several levels.
Play with friends allows you to play with your in-game friends or friends from Facebook. You can invite your friends to play too by sending them the invite link.
The Topgolf mode lets you experience the topgolf fun in your hands it puts you against several players and you have to target the ball in a different set of holes that provide you with different scores the player with the highest score in the end wins.
The putting green and solo mode are specifically built for training and let you polish your skills even more.
The controls of the game are really simple which consist of a swing joystick, a power meter that also helps in deciding the shot direction, there’s a mini-map too that lets you choose the target direction and set the target mark on the map, there are different camera angles that let you view the player and ball from a different perspective.
Currency and items
The game has two different types of currency a coin system and a credit system that allows you to buy different items from the Pro shop. The items in the shop consist of Clubs, Balls, Apparels and other items. There are different types of clubs like Drivers, Irons, Wedges and Putters. Each club has its own specs that add up to your gameplay. Even the apparels add some numbers to your stats.
Common golf terms used in-game and their meaning
- Bogey-A hole played one stroke over the par
- Double bogey-it is a hole played two strokes over the par
- Triple bogey-three over the par is a triple bogey
- Birdie-A hole played one stroke better than the expected standard (one under par)
- Par –it is a score that a player is expected to make for a given hole
- Bunker-A bunker shot is the shot that sends the ball and accompanying sand (hopefully) into the green
- Fairway– it is the short grass area between the tee and green
- Putter-A putt required after the previous putt went past the hole
- Gimme-this is a relatively informal term used when a player is close enough to the cup to be awarded the shot without actually taking it
- Green-it is the specially prepared grass surface surrounding the hole
- Tee-A small peg placed into the ground to hold the ball up typically used in the first shot
- Rough-the areas of longer grass that line the fairway
- Double eagle– It is also called an albatross, it occurs when a golfer achieves a 3 under par on the hole
Also check out our list of the Top 10 Best Farming Games For Android And iOS