If you are looking for a farming game with a bit of a mythical touch, Sunrise Village could be an answer to that. The game offers a story about an old legend from village books suddenly appearing one day and causing disruption in the farm. Here is a Sunrise Village beginner’s guide and tips and tricks for you.
How does the game start?
The game starts with offering a choice of character to choose between a boy and a girl to continue ahead. After choosing the character, it shows a letter from Grandfather in which Grandpa asks you to help him on the farm as one day, suddenly some mysterious stone appeared out of nowhere and caused wild vines to grow and have destroyed most of the village. Upon reaching the farm you see there are lots of wild vines growing. After cutting a few vines you will find your grandpa there. He takes you to the strange stones that appeared out of the blue one day. He tells you that after going through the village legends and books he finds out that some people in the past created those stones with soul crystals that help in maintaining the balance of nature and now as someone has stolen the soul crystals, the balance is disrupted and is causing trouble for everyone. Now as your grandpa has to study about the rock he asks you to help him with the farm and work.
The game offers a tutorial in the beginning about things like how to farm and plant crops. The game has two basic aspects:
- The first aspect is to rebuild the destroyed farm and complete the quest regarding it, that includes the cattle, crops and rebuilding the broken buildings like Saw mill, Sweet shop etc.
- The second is to help grandpa discover the truth behind those stones, in this grandpa can send you to meet different people like the scientist guy Albert and the lady who lives on top of the hill.
To keep making progress in the game you have to complete the given quests and deliver the orders asked, later on as you increase level you will unlock new buildings and areas to increase the farm size.
Tasks and Quests
The tasks include collecting eggs from hen, collecting milk from cow, farming the crops and delivering the asked orders, producing food for the cattle and clearing out the land, there are other tasks as well like rebuilding the destroyed buildings, the quests include finding some lost stuff and meeting new people and travelling to the different city. You can travel to other cities using map. As passing of time we acquire new items too such as dynamite that can help clearing out large boulders of rocks.
Currency and energy system
The game has two basic currency system Coins and diamonds while coins help you to buy new buildings, land and cattle etc the diamonds act like power ups that help you to speed up the things or finish up the process. There is a certain amount of energy of the character according to its level, the energy is required to perform tasks like clearing the rocks, cleaning the wild vines and cutting of trees. Once you complete a quest or level up the energy level will increase, there are energy flasks scattered around to help regain the lost energy.
Tips for beginners
- While the diamonds don’t seem of great importance in the beginning saving them for later is good idea instead of spending them on small tasks
- Don’t overuse energy just because you have nothing to do as bigger obstacles require more energy to clean up and you may run out of energy at crucial points
- Plant the crops as per need instead of randomly planting them as it may cause imbalance and you will not have sufficient supply for further production.
- At first the game may seem a simple farming game but give it some time and you will see how well developed the game gets.
Sunrise Village is available to download on both android and ios devices. You can get it from Google Play or the App Store.
Also, check out our list of the Top 10 Best Free Strategy Games for Android and iOS
Leave a Reply