Indie games publisher – Playdigious in their recent update on Twitter has announced the release of the popular action-adventure game, Sparklite on Android and iOS. Previously the game upon its original release back in the year 2019 was only available for platforms PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. However, with an objective to add more branches to the already popular game, Red Blue Games have partnered with Playdigious to make it available for mobile devices as well. As of now, there is no release date disclosed yet but the game is set to release anytime this year.
About the Game
Sparklite is an action-adventure set in the whimsical and ever-changing land of Geodia. The roguelike RPG has the main objective to fight against foes in top-down action using a variety of gadgets, guns, and other equipment gear. The game offers players to explore dangerous corners of the procedurally generated world, defeat the titans of the mining industry and take hold of the power of Sparklite.
Sparklite is the life force of the planet that ties everything together in Geodia. The blue, glowing ore can be harnessed providing a low-level, rechargeable power source. Or, for those brave or greedy enough, it can be consumed to provide a surge in power with grave consequences.
Players will play in Ada’s character, who is the hero of this game, and has to fight back against baron who wishes to use the magical ore in his favour. Ada must skillfully use her skills to defeat the self-titled ‘baron’ before he obtains the core to gain power and create a world where he has the ultimate power.
- Explore the world of Sparklite – Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes, hunt for collectibles scattered throughout the world.
- Ability to invent your own arsenal, invent gadgets to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.
- Fight against the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans.
- Befriend the people of Geodia to help build the refuge.
- Rescue Ada’s robotic sidekick to play local assistive co-op with a friend (2-player)
- Incredible visuals and intricate pixel art aesthetic animation inspired from retro classical games.
- Original soundtrack – Gamecube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
The game already garnered acclaim back when it was playable over a limited platform. However players eagerly await its mobile release, with Playdigious taking over as a partner, it can be expected that the game might have essential features in its transition from console to mobile.
Tell us how excited you are for this game and if you have played the console version of the game already! Also, don’t forget to check out our other blogs for more such content in gaming!