It is a time for celebration for Pokémon Go fans. Pokémon Go completes five years and there’s the entire Pokémon Go fest to celebrate that. Another core feature of Pokémon Go is celebrating its anniversary too: Raid Battles. Raids were introduced in the summer of 2017 and they have been a great way to catch legendary Pokémon.
When the pandemic hit us in 2020, going out was not safe and in some places it still isn’t. To tackle this issue, Niantic introduced remote raid passes so that you can sit at home and play raids. Even sitting at home, we had chances to catch those sweet legendary Pokémon! Now to celebrate raids, here are some new updates coming to raid battles.
Trainer Achievements in Pokémon Go Raids
You now have a chance to be featured for playing raids by doing certain tasks. You will be showcased for being a valuable participant in the battle. Here’s a whole list of things you can do to earn yourself a Trainer Achievement:
- Delivering the final attack
- Dealing the most damage overall
- Keeping a single Pokémon in battle for the longest time of all participants
- Using the tallest Pokémon among all participants in battle
- Joining the raid from furthest distance
- Using a Mega-Evolved Pokémon during the battle
- Changing your avatar’s clothing or pose
- Using the most Charged Attacks of all participants
Earning this for the first time will give you a medal which can be levelled up to gold from bronze. It will also be downloadable show you can show off your shiny gold on social media.
Arts and UX Updates to Raids in Pokémon Go
Niantic has said that raid battles will be getting a makeover. The battle stadium will get an entire new look and many other visual updates.
For all of you who love raids, don’t forget that Regigias is available for 5-star raids until July 1. Go get your friends and find this legendary Pokémon!