I hope you have been following our Pokémon Go calendar for June. If you have then you know what event is on now. If you haven’t, now’s a good time to check it out and bookmark it. This week’s event is A very slow discovery that will allow you to get your very own Galarian Slowpoke. You will also be able to evolve it into the Galarian Slowbro and we’ve got you covered on what to do and how to get everyone’s favorite slow Pokémon. The event also features Mega Slowbro and a few other slow Pokémon.
How to Get the Galarian Slowpoke and other event Pokémon in Pokémon Go
The Galarian slowpoke will be available in one-star raids. Alongside the Galarian Slowpoke, you will also find Alolan Grimer, Shellder, Shinx, and Timburr in one-star raids. Three-star raids will feature slow Pokémon like Slowking, Slaking, Snorlax, and Toxicroak.
The availability of Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin, Spoink, and more slow Pokémon has also been increased. If Lady Luck is on your side, you may even encounter a Slowbro or Vigoroth!
Coming to the big gun, the Mega Slowbro. Mega Slowbro will be available only in Mega raids. There will also be event-exclusive field researches that will grant Slowbro mega energy.
Event Pokémon Stats in Pokémon Go
- HP: 207
- Attack: 109
- Defense: 98
- Fast attacks: Confusion, Iron tail
- Charged attacks: Surf, Psyshock, Psychic
- HP: 216
- Attack: 182
- Defense: 156
- Fast attacks: Water gun, Confusion, Poison Jab
- Charged attacks: Focus Blast, Psychic, Sludge Bomb
- HP: 216
- Attack: 190
- Defense: 180
- Fast attacks: Hex, Confusion, Acid
- Charged attacks: Futuresight, Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave
- Stamina: 216
- Attack: 224
- Defense: 559
- Level 50 Max CP: 4245
- First evolution: 200 mega energy
- Subsequent evolutions: 40 mega energy
- Mega energy earned per candy while added as buddy: 15 energy
*Please note that these stats have been datamined and may be subject to change.
How to Evolve Galarian Slowpoke to Galarian Slowbro in Pokémon Go
Okay so you finally have a Galarian Slowpoke. I’m sure you want to evolve it into the Galarian Slowbro. So here’s how:
First, you need to make the Galarian Slowpoke your buddy Pokémon. And then, scour the world and catch 30 poison-type Pokémon. You’ll also need 50 candy.
Galarian Slowking should also slowly make its debut and you’ll probably need to catch 30 psychic Pokémon for its evolution. More details on this will be out soon. Currently you cannot evolve your Galarian Slowpoke into a Galarian Slowking.
Do you want to sit at home and collect these Pokémon for evolution? Check out our guide for that here.
Other Rewards for this Event
- Slowpoke Forever Shirt: An avatar item you can win by completing the Slowpoke themed collection challenge. You will also get 30 Ultra balls and 3,000 XP.
- Spinning PokéStops and opening gifts will give you Slowpoke stickers to send to your friends.
- The shop also has an event-exclusive free box that contains 20 Poke balls, 10 Great balls, and a King’s rock.
That would wrap up the A very slow discovery event. It goes on till June 13. Don’t forget to check out our calendar to see upcoming events in Pokémon Go. The Regi raids are ongoing till June 17. Get your legendary Regi Pokémon by checking out our guide here. Get those Pokémon trainer!