In Pocket Ants: Colony Simulator, your ultimate goal is to create a strong colony to fight online players and become the strongest of them all. I have developed a guide consisting of everything you need to know about creating a strong army and invading other players.
Assembling your army
Unlike other ant games, in Pocket Ants: Colony Simulator, you can gather the strength of creatures to bolster your armies. It is imperative that you have at least three creatures to help your advance because the enemy will most likely patrol their chambers.
Before you go battling, I would advise you have at least level two soldiers, which can be done by upgrading the Queen’s chamber. With at least 20 level two ants and a few creatures, you will definitely have the advantage on your first opponents! You will be in a safe place to win your first battles and get a taste of how invading works, to better adapt your strategy and army.
Before you commit to an invasion…
When it comes to actually put your army to the test, there are a few things to keep in mind before you go storming in. If your army gets destroyed in the invasion, they are gone for good. Make sure that when you commit to an invasion, you are ready for the potential casualties. All of the ants and creatures you throw into the fray could be permanently wiped out! So try not to get too attached.
Despite that, you can retreat from an invasion if their colony seriously outnumbers yours. You won’t be told exactly what they have, just how many numbers make up their defenses, which range from the workers to the soldiers, to the creatures. If you are intimidated by the size of their colony, then you are fully able to retreat, without any negative penalties. But try to not do this all the time, you will be wasting one of your few battle tokens for the day!
Tips for invading
When in the heat of battle, I would suggest you do the following:
- Don’t go straight for the colony. Instead, guide your soldiers to the worker’s trail that will be collecting resources. Decimate all of the worker’s ants that fall into your trap. This allows you to get a better sense of how many ants make up their actual army. Also, by thinning the workforce, your soldiers won’t get distracted when in the heat of battle and will be able to fully face the enemy army.
- Once you have an idea of how strong the enemy is, you can afford to call upon your creatures. To further refine how many creatures the enemy may have in their nest, I would take out the ants outside of the colony with your soldiers, maybe with the help of a creature or two if that player has really bolstered their entrance with ants, or maybe even creatures.
- With a better idea of what you are in for, I would suggest spawning all of your creatures. The stronger your force, the quicker you will decimate your opponent, meaning you will suffer fewer casualties. If you are worried about losing creatures and only bring in a few, there is a larger likelihood they will die due to weaker supporting forces. Besides, always assume the enemy has a lot of creatures!
- With your army prepared, you should be free to dive into the heart of the enemy territory. As soon as you enter the colony, don’t keep moving forwards. The seconds of your arrival will tell you a lot about their defenses, such as roughly how many creatures they have. Once your army has arrived, move forth but quickly back off, to let your army surge forwards. Your death does not warrant failure of the invasion, you will simply respawn, but your army will retreat to follow you, potentially opening them up for casualties.
- If the enemy has a lot of creatures, it is difficult to order exactly which creature you want your ants to tackle. I would suggest simply pressing the ‘attack’ button as soon as it is available. Don’t worry too much about the other soldier ants, your creatures will take care of them, and it would be far better to focus on the real damage dealers than the little ants.
- Once you have taken down all the creatures, and your ants stand victorious, the next destination is the Queen’s chamber. Dive in! You are going to want to defeat all of the defenses. It may seem tempting to go straight for the Queen and win, but their forces will slowly pick off your attackers, and you cannot cancel the attack once it has begun!
- If they have assigned creatures to the Queen’s chamber, then you are going to want to try and bait them away from the Queen to make sure that when you hit ‘attack’, you instead target them and not the Queen by mistake.
- Once the chamber is clear, you will be free to slaughter the Queen. Victory!
As long as you follow these steps, you will be unstoppable. Interested in Pocket Ants: Colony simulator? You can download the game from the App Store and Google Play. Any tips I’ve left out? Put them in the comments below. If you like games featuring animals, you may be interested in my Ocean- The place in your heart beginner’s guide.
Also Read: 5 Play to Earn Crypto RPG Games for 2022
Leave a Reply