Onde- is a smooth, puzzle platforming game that lets you create paths and ride along the waves of sound and light as you navigate through ethereal landscapes. Publisher Mixtvision has partnered with Lance and 3-50, the developing team behind the game to collectively release their debut game, Onde.
Onde, which means ‘wave’ in French, takes players on a journey filled with sounds and abstract serenity. The game is set to release in 2022 for Nintendo Switch and iOS. Alongside, the game is also supposed to release for PC this year, players can wishlist the game on Steam to get notified about it’s availability.
Game Overview and Story
The game embodies a peculiar looking creature that dives into the world and beyond, travelling through sound and light waves, creating ephemeral paths, following whimsical companions that lead through abstract environments. Varying from clear lines to swirls of color, from bursts of crystalline notes to soothing sound spheres, players embark on a meditative journey exploring the wonders from space to deep sea blues and to the endless beyond, sporting unique visuals and puzzle mechanics.
In the deep stillness of underground caves, carved into rocks and crystals detached from the world, there’s an empty shell. Life finds its way and sparks a light as it fills the shell. With the light comes a sound, and the waves of this communion propagate in all directions. This new creature sets out to discover life unfolding in its own way, to find that it’s the darkness that lets the light really shine.
- Smooth, intuitive puzzle-platforming- players navigate their own path having waves of sound and light behind.
- Ethereal, adaptive soundscapes- As players begin their journey through beautiful melodic environments, they create soothing sounds with every movement
- A world filled with wonders- Players explore abundant areas in their own way, fluid floating along the landscapes.
- Elegant abstract artwork- Players experience magnificent backgrounds, changing from clear lines to swirls of colour and more.
- Meditative experience: The game promises soothing sounds with beautiful landscapes and fluid gameplay that make for a zen-like journey.
The game visuals definitely give an impression of a beautifully crafted minimalist platformer game, with complementing sounds moulding into a game satisfying to watch and play. You can also visit the game’s official website for more details.
Let us know your opinions on this game and don’t forget to check out our other articles in case you find something of your interest.