My Friend Pedro is a shooting game developed by DeadToast Entertainment and published by Devolver Digital. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The game was recently released on mobile devices for Android and iOS in August. Here’s some backstory on the game and a beginner’s guide for you to experience the game to its fullest.
In this version of the game, Pedro, our friend has his wife and children kidnapped. He has assigned us the task to save and bring back his family to him but shooting the enemies.
The game also has an in-app purchase for you to buy premium for $2.99. It allows you to replay a stage, something you cannot do without the premium. (you have to start from level 1 again). Premium also unlocks a “Blood Rush Mode“.
Click here to download the game on Android and iOS.
The main objective of this game is to pass through every single level by shooting the enemies, as quickly as possible to get the most points and eventually the most stars on every single level.
How to Play:
My Friend Pedro on other consoles has a very difficult set of controls to properly play the game. But the Ripe for Revenge iteration was specially built for touchscreen devices and the controls are fairly easier. You have to pull back to jump from either side of the screen (both allow you to move). Pulling back creates a line of trajectory for you to land where you want. Another set of control is for you to slide by sliding your finger straight across the screen. It is especially needed while sliding through narrow passages.
When you jump and spot an enemy, the game goes into slow mode and forms a circle around the enemy so you can shoot them before they can get to you. Once you complete a stage, the game has a mini motorcycle mode where the controls are the same. You have 3 hearts and it can go down by 1 heart if you get shot at. So it’s better to avoid losing hearts to not have to restart a level.
Stages in the game:
There are 3 different stages and each has 12 different levels in it with every location ending with the motorcycle level.
The levels are as follows-
- Old Town: This is the first stage called The Old Town. The Old Town is where one of Pedro’s family members is hidden by the kidnappers. Here you have to face Old Town mobsters and shoot them before they take you down. 12 old town mobsters.
- District Null: This is the second stage called the District Null. The second family member of Pedro is hidden here. District Null is a homeland to the Waste Pirates and you have to take them down to get ahead.
- Fortified Forest: The last stage in the game is called the Fortified Forest, home to the Worshippers of Singing Mushroom. It is said that if you aren’t singing, the worshippers won’t hesitate to shoot you down, so you have to shoot them first. This is where the last family member of Pedro is hidden.
Extra tools to enhance your gameplay:
As you keep going far in levels, you get different sorts of guns to shoot faster and stronger enemies. You even get a bazooka in the last stage to blow up walls which were only possible in previous levels through gas canisters.
As you go through more and more levels, you can find ways to go faster through a run by using skateboards, wheelie carts, and ziplines. Every single level needs to be solved properly or you’ll take much longer getting through it. The game provides a trashcan to jump onto it, and you have to shoot it for it to move to wherever you want.
There are also pans in the later stages, as it allows you to ricochet bullets off so you can hit the enemies without you going in front of them.
Blood Rush mode:
It’s another, harder mode in the game that only can be unlocked when you subscribe for premium. In this mode, you have a time limit to complete every single level and if you don’t complete it within the limit, your character dies instantly. It’s really fun to play with so buying premium for it is definitely worth it.
Tips and Tricks:
- Be quick with it: The game always slows down when you face an enemy but still there can be multiple of them and much stronger. Since this game has simpler controls than its other versions, it’s far easier to shoot the enemies down. The faster you move through every single stage, the more points you can get through the multiplier and can get 3 stars on every single level.
- Take advantage of the items in the level: The items provided at every level will help you go faster through them. The different guns provided in every level is such a huge advantage to have around since you can get hoarded by enemies. The normal gun is really hard to take them down with. Skateboards and carts are fast and would help you increase your multiplier significantly.
- Avoid falling into the thorny traps: Thorny traps are introduced in stage 1 itself and it takes a little bit out of your heart. If you accidentally fall into that trap, you can still jump out of it. But be quick with it.
- Don’t be too close while blowing the bazooka or gasoline canister: Being too close can cause you to lose your heart and eventually die, so be careful while using them.
In conclusion, the game is a really fun remake of the actual game and definitely worth a try.
Click here if you want to read more articles on other games, guides, tips, and tricks.
Leave a Reply