Legendary Dino battle, also known as Legendino is a real-time, turn-based mobile game. It was developed by Superplanet, the creators of such popular games as Sword Master Story and Evil Hunter Tycoon. English, French, and Chinese are among the 14 languages available in the game. The game is based on the novel “Journey to the Center of the Earth” by Jules Verne.
How to play Legendino:
Legendino, as mentioned before, is a turn-based mobile game. It also has a PvP functionality where you can go up against random players. The game is centered around you hatching dinos and raising and evolving them to use them for battle. There are 160 dinos available currently in the game, with every dino having different features, types, and styles.
We are introduced to Luna who helps us understand how we can play the game. When in battle, the HP of both dino’s fighting is displayed on the top, as shown in the image below. Every single turn is counted and displayed in between. On the bottom bar, you have 3 moves that you can use in combat. There is also a “Charge Soul” option. Soul is the number of points that are required to use “Attack” on the enemy. The stronger the attack is, the higher the number of soul points are needed. Soul points are added by 1 at the end of every turn. If you use the “Charge Soul” option, it adds 1 soul point in addition to the one you earn at the end of the turn. You win the battle against the opponent when their HP is down to zero.
Once the gameplay tutorial is done, the game lets you choose one of the three dinos available in the beginning. They all differ in types and stats so choose wisely. You can either go for exploration and fight PvE dinos to earn rewards or you can battle with players in Arena and earn more rewards.
Tips and Tricks to play:
- Level your dinos up to the max possible level: Every dino has 3 ultimate stages. Alongside those, they can evolve to raise their level cap and make them stronger. You can level up your dinos using dino food and evolution needs a lot more materials, try and collect them as much as possible. Also there is a system where you can collect and incubate eggs to hatch new dinos, don’t miss out on it. You can collect many dinos through that.
- Combine your attacks to make them stronger: Legendino lets you merge two attack/defense actions to make a stronger attack/defense. Usually, they go like this:
- Attack + Attack = Strong attack
- Defense + Defense = Evade
- Attack + Defense = Counter
Strong attack looks past defense, Evade can block the strongest of attacks and Counter can both attack and defend your dino at once. Use them as much as possible for a guaranteed win.
- Collect as many Soul Points as possible: Every single dino has a special skill that costs 4 soul points and every single merged attack costs 3 while attack costs 2 and defense costs 0. The better your attack, the better your dino lowers the opponents’ HP. So even if you have 2-3 soul points, use the “Charge Soul” move and rack up your Soul points.
- Level up your character in the game: Your character keeps gaining exp with every single enemy you defeat. As you progress through the levels, additional and better rewards become available. Some could be dinos while some could be features to enhance your gameplay.
- Use Field Skills as often as possible: At level 5, you unlock a feature called “Field skill”, which you can use alongside the attacks. “Quick Charge” and “Instant Heal” are the ones you acquire at first. Quick charge gets you multiple soul points if used and Instant Heal heals your character by a little bit. After a specific number of turns have passed, Field Skills can be used.
- Do all of your missions and complete achievements: doing these gives you rewards to then level up your dinos so don’t miss out on them.
- Arenas/Exploration are very vital: While Arena is more enjoyable to play with because it is random PvP, Exploration is important because the rewards it can provide are needed to strengthen your dinos for both arena and explorations.
- Focus on your strategy: Lengendino is based on simple rules of “rock, paper, scissors”. You have to think about every single one of your moves and try and outsmart your opponent. Set up your team comp properly so you can flash through every single enemy that’ll come in your way.
In conclusion, the game is extremely addicting and fun to play with. Its flashy colors and randomly generated PvP make it much more fun since you don’t know what your enemy’s next move might be. I would highly recommend you download the game and play it for yourself. Good luck!
To read about more Game Guides and news, click here.