It is the third time when the Government of India announced a ban on a set of Chinese apps available for mobile devices. The Government has taken action because of the findings that these apps are engaging in activities that are prejudicial to the sovereignty, Defense, Integrity, Public Order, and Security of India.
The power to ban these Chinese apps comes from Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. The step is taken by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology after receiving comprehensive reports from the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center, Ministry of Home Affairs.
It all started on June 29, 2020, when the Indian Government banned 59 mobile apps, and later on September 2, 2020, another set of 118 mobile apps were banned for Indian users. In these sets, we lost some famous mobile games such as PUBG Mobile, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, etc. This time, our very own Identity V is also gone.
The list of 43 Chinese Apps banned in India is as follows:
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard – BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- We Date-Dating App
- Free dating app- Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- We Work China
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV- HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV – TV version
- WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live- Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match- Decorate your dream island！
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
About Identity V:
Identity V is an online 4 vs. 1 mobile game that is openly inspired by Dead by Daylight. You either play as a dangerous monster or one of the four survivors. The survivors need to exit from the place while the monster tries to stop them from doing so.
The Indian users will soon lose access to the Identity V servers, and the game will be removed from the Google Play Store. What do you think, whether NetEase will take any action further like PUBG Mobile’s developers to bring back the horror experience to the Indian players? Do let us know in the comment section below.
Also Read: Zeblaze Thor 5 PRO is The Best SmartWatch For Gaming
That’s it for this post. Stay tuned with Mobile Gaming Hub for the latest mobile gaming news and updates. Also, don’t forget to join us on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated.
Leave a Reply