Genshin Impact is one of the most played games in the world. It follows the rules and traditions of anime, in one sense, and at the same time gives a really good gaming experience. This time around Genshin Impact is hosting a competition for fan art and cosplays.
The Fanart of Genshin Impact Characters
What is fanart? For those who might be new to the term, fanart is a portrayal of something or someone that you like or adore. For example, you might like Asuna from SAO, so you might draw your ultimate waifu in supreme design. But, leaving all that aside, for Genshin Impact, the event is called “Zhongli: Heart of Bedrock”.
How Do I Participate In This Genshin Impact Event?
For all those participating, you have until the 19th of this month, May 2021 to submit your drawings, it can be anything, from almost-like illustrations to chibi art, it’s up to your imagination. The judging process will start on 20th May 2021, and the result will be announced by the first week of June 2021.
Granted, you will have to have a Twitter account to participate. The process for submission is simple, post your work on Twitter, and along with the post add hashtags – #Zhongli and #HeartofBedrock.
Zhongli, pondering his past.— palinola (@hellopalinola) April 28, 2021
I was inspired by how diligently Zhongli guarded Liyue for thousands of years, and his tragic past in regards to his fallen comrade, Guizhong.
I’m not crying you are TT#Zhongli #HeartofBedrock #GenshinImpact #原神 #钟离 pic.twitter.com/oHtbcEXAGH
Criteria for the fan art:
Everyone is eligible for the contest, but for the artwork to also be eligible, you must follow some guidelines. Here are the guidelines:
- As the name of the event might suggest, you will have to draw Zhongli, meaning that Zhongli is the subject of the matter. The artwork can be based on anything, from creative, to the game, or on the Genshin Impact Lore.
- The artwork must be in color.
- Participants must make a record of their drafts and sketches. This measure is to prevent plagiarism.
- The artist must sign at any one of the four corners of the artwork.
- No text other than the signature is to be put on the artwork.
- The artist must mention the inspiration for the artwork, what they meant by the artwork, and how long it took to complete.
Rewards for the Fan Art:
The rewards for the winners are vast, from real-life goodies to Primogens, the in-game currency. Here they are:
- One gold medal winner will receive 3000 Primogems and a Paimon figure.
- Three silver medalists will receive 1000 Primogems, a Paimon pillow, and a Paimon acrylic stand.
- Six bronze medalists will win 500 Primogems and a Hilichurl plushie hand warmer pillow.
- 10 players will get a Zhongli character stand and a Zhongli chibi keychain & badge.
Cosplay Of Zhongli From Genshin Impact
Similarly, people can also opt to cosplay as Zhongli. This competition will also follow a similar schedule to that of the fanart. You will be able to submit from 20th May to 17th June, as there is a lot more to do. Judging will last up to the 28th of June and results published the following week.
Similarly, to submit the cosplay, you will have to post a photo of you looking like Zhongli and post it on Twitter with the hashtags – #Zhongli and #HeartofBedrock.
Criteria for the Cosplay:
There are some basic criteria for cosplaying as Zhongli. They are as follows:
- The cosplays or submissions should not invite controversy, like no racism, violence, etc.
- As before, Zhongli should be the subject of the cosplay for the submission to be valid.
- The cosplay should be a photo that is creative or based on Genshin Impact lore.
- Participants cannot reuse submissions that won a cosplay competition before.
Note – Previous winners are free to join, by making new submissions. Also note that the participants are responsible for their cosplay, meaning that they will be held if any plagiarism is detected. One person can make multiple entries or submissions, and each of the submissions can be a winner.
Hey Travelers!— Paimon (@GenshinImpact) April 28, 2021
Version 1.5 is here, and the “Zhongli: Heart of Bedrock” fan art event will start soon! Post your work for the chance to be richly rewarded with Primogems and official merch!
View the full notice here >>>https://t.co/lMF7fUsQcE#GenshinImpact pic.twitter.com/YrBI9TaHcW
Rewards For The Cosplay:
The Genshin Impact judging team will be judging cosplays on multiple factors, some of the major ones include creativity and expression. The rewards will be:
- Two gold medal winners will each receive 5000 Primogems, a Zhongli chibi keychain and badge, a Zhongli character stand & badge, a Zhongli gift theme stand & badge, coaster, and pillow.
- Five silver medalists will receive 3000 Primogems and all the same collectibles that the gold medalists receive except the coaster and pillow.
- 10 bronze medalists will win 1000 Primogems, a Zhongli character stand & badge, and a Zhongli chibi keychain & badge.
This event by Genshin Impact and their developers, miHoYo will again be trending. The community will be participating in the event. You will be able to view a lot of talent, and if you wish, you can even participate in the event. In the end, have fun!