After a number of leaks about the 1.7/2.0 update for Genshin Impact surfaced, we were introduced to the character Yoimiya. She is a 5-star Pyro archer from Inazuma. Yoimiya is the owner of Naganohara Fireworks. She plans the fireworks display at Inazuma in her free time. MiHiYo has touted her the best pyrotechnician in all of Inazuma and looking at her leaks, there’s no denying that.
We’ll try to go over all the leaks that have come out from different sources to make it easier to decide if you want to save up for this character or not.
Yoimiya General Animations in Genshin Impacts
This leak goes over the general in-game animations for Yoimiya. You can see her fire her arrows and her bow disappears and reappears floating on her back once her use is over. The video also shows her firework animations which honestly look really cool (or hot because fire?). These animations also have loud firework type sounds. In her idle state, she is seen playing and swinging with a sparkler.
Leakers have gone on to dig-up her character cards and splash art too. We’ve added them here if you are interested. The splash art looks particularly good and showcases Yoimiya’s elemental burst.
Yoimiya Attacks in Genshin Impact
In this attack, Yoimiya launches a barrage of firework arrows that deal heavy damage and their speed increases with time. She shoots five arrows in a row in this attack. These arrows can also be shot from a long distance which would make her a worthy character when you take DPS into account.
In this attack, Yoimiya launches a strong fire arrow that is followed by three smaller fire arrows. The small arrows have homing abilities and eventually explode in an orange blaze. This blaze of fire will be able to do AoE damage. If explained in a step-wise manner, then the first charge shoots a fire arrow and the second level of charge will launch the three flaming arrows.
For her elemental skill, Yoimiya summons three fiery wisps around her (this animation can be seen in the general animations video) and this adds Pyro to her Normal attacks as long as the elemental skill is active. Pyro will make your normal arrows capable of dealing high damage and you will find this skill very important while you play. Use it smartly!
Yoimiya’s elemental burst looks absolutely stunning. If you love fireworks, you will love using this attack. Yoimiya jumps up in the air and is surrounded by fireworks and she deals massive AoE damage all around her on the ground. It will also cause the enemies to be marked with a debuff called Ryukin Flame, which will allow you to deal additional fire damage to enemies. When other components uses any attacks under the influence of the Ryukin Flame, they will deal an AoE fire-burst damage. Dying removes the Ryukin flame and all of its effects.
Yoimiya Constellations in Genshin Impact
Here is a summary of all the leaked constellations for Yoimiya:
- Akadama Ryukin – Increases duration of Ryukin Flare by 4 seconds. Attack increasez by 20% for 20 seconds after an enemy is defeated under Ryukin Flare.
- Delivering fire with a million lanterns – When Yoimiya’s pyro damage causes a critical hit, she will gain an additional 25% pyro damage bonus in the next six seconds. Works off-field as well.
- The flame trick – +3 to the Flame blazing dance, max level 15.
- The experience of a fireworks professional – When Yoimiya’s own Ryukin Flare causes an explosion, the cooldown duration of Flame Blazing Dance is decreased by one second.
- Summer fest Nishikie – +3 to Ryukin Kumomagusa, max level is 15.
- Potential flow of the stars – During the Flame Blazing Dance, when Yoimiya uses her normal attack, there is a 40% chance for one more fire arrow to be fired, dealing 50% of the original damage. This damage is regarded as normal attack damage.
Yoimiya will be a welcome addition in the 2.0 update alongside other characters. Genshin Impact is getting more exciting by the day. This new update should launch towards the end of July so gear up for the new characters. It’s going to be a fun ride.