Genshin Impact Kokomi: Genshin Impact already had announced a bunch of new upcoming characters on their official Twitter for the new region of Inazuma, one of them being Sangonomiya Kokomi. She is going to be a new 5-star Hydro Catalyst user. From the Sangonomiya Shrine on Watatsumi Island, Sangonomiya Kokomi leads the Sangonomiya Resistance. She is a strategic mastermind, and her foresight has guided the resistance to victory on numerous occasions. “Not a single one of Watatsumi Island’s wins would have been possible if it hadn’t been for Her Excellency,” Gorou says.
Watatsumi Island is one of the new islands added in the 2.1 update, along with Kokomi’s banner. The release date for Kokomi’s banner is reported to be September 21.
We already have two Hydro catalysts in the game, Mona and Barbara. But Kokomi is claimed to have incredibly unique skills and qualities.
Kokomi’s Normal Attack- The Shape of Water
- Normal Attack– Attacks in the shape of swimming fish for up to three times in a row, dealing Hydro damage.
- Charged Attack– Deals AoE Hydro damage after short casting time, takes up some stamina.
- Plunging Attack– Kokomi summons the power of Hydro and dives to the ground from mid-air, deals AoE hydro damage upon impact.
Kokomi’s Elemental Skill- Kurage’s Oath
Summons “Bake Kurage” who heals allies and deals Hydro damage to the surrounding enemies. Healing is based on Kokomi’s HP. Summoning Bake Kurage applies a wet status to Kokomi.
Kokomi’s Elemental Burst- Kaijin Ceremony
Watatsumi’s strength descends, delivering Hydro damage to nearby opponents before draping Kokomi in a ceremonial garment made from Sangonomiya’s flowing waters.
- Kokomi’s normal, charged attacks and elemental skill damage increased based on her HP.
- Heals party members with every normal and charged attack.
- Increases Kokomi’s resistance to interruption and allows her to move on the water’s surface.
These effects get removed once Kokomi leaves the field.
Kokomi’s Passive Talents:
- Haworthia Casket: When Kokomi uses Kaijin Ceremony while her own Bake-Kurage is on the field, the Bake-Kurage’s duration will be replenished.
- Song of Pearls: When Kokomi wears the Ceremonial Garment made by Kaijin Ceremony, the normal and charged attack damage bonuses she receives based on her max HP will be increased by 15% of her healing bonus.
- Princess of Watatsumi: Decreases swimming Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20% and is non-stackable.
- Flawless Strategy: Kokomi obtains a 25% healing bonus but her crit rate gets decreased by 100%.
Genshin Impact Kokomi’s Constellations:
- At Water’s Edge: The final normal attack of Kokomi’s combination, when wearing the Ceremonial clothing made by Kaijin Ceremony, will unleash a swimming fish that will deal 30% of her maximum HP in hydro damage. This isn’t the same as conventional attack damage.
- The Clouds Like Waves Rippling: In the case of characters with 50% or less HP, Kokomi receives the following Healing Bonuses by using the following methods:
- Kurage’s Oath Bake-Kurage: 4.5% of Kokomi’s max HP.
- Kaijin Ceremony normal and charged attacks: 0.6% of Kokomi’s max HP.
- The Moon, A ship O’er the Seas: Increases the level of Kaijin Ceremony by 3. Max upgrade level is 15.
- The Moon Overlooks the Waters: Kokomi’s normal attack speed is increased by 10% while she wears the Ceremonial Garment made by Kaijin Ceremony . Normal attacks that hit opponents replenish 0.8 energy to her. Once every 0.2 seconds, this effect can occur.
- All Streams Flow to the Sea: Increases the level of Kurage’s Oath by 3. Max upgrade level is 15.
- Sango Isshin: While wearing the Ceremonial Garment made by Kaijin Ceremony, Kokomi gains a 40% hydro damage bonus for 4 seconds after her normal and charged attacks heal a character with 80% or more HP.
In terms of healing and damage, she appears to be one of the more capable characters. Walking on water is one of the newer features only exclusive to her for now. We’ll have to see how many players will try to talk from Liyue to Inazuma using her ability.
To read about more Genshin Impact News, Builds, and Guides: Click here.