Garena usually drops an update for Free Fire every 2 months and is back with the OB28 update titled ‘Rampage’. There are a number of new inclusions, alteration of mechanics, weapon balancing, and optimizations. The update drops today so don’t forget to download it. We’ve got you covered here with the full patch notes for the game. And so, here they are!
- Ranked season 7 which starts on June 9 at 17:00 GMT+8 hours and will go on till August 5.
- A new rank called Grandmaster has been introduced
- Grandmaster I- Top 1-100 players
- Grandmaster II- Top 101-300 players
- Grandmaster III- Top 301-1000 players
- Ranking up to Gold III or above will give you the Golden M1014 weapon and the top 1000 players will receive the Grandmaster badge. Time to grind!
- Loot and purchase limits have been adjusted.
- More items added to vending machines to support battle needs.
- Purchase limits added to prevent hording of resources for end-game advantages.
- Ammo and armor repair kits added to the vending machine.
- Increased difficulty of capturing revival points.
- Time to capture a revival point has increased from 14s to 33s.
- Revival point cooldown increased from 150s to 180s.
- Revival points per game decreased from 9 to 8.
Rank Points Adjustments
For all ranks, the total rank output for every match has been increased. This is done due to the increased difficulty to get rank points since the introduction of the revival system. Thanks to this, it will now be easier to rank up as compared to before the update.
- Thanks to player feedback, more features have been added to training grounds.
- The capacity of training grounds has been increased from 20 to 25.
- Air ship has been added in the social zone.
- Bumpers cars and lap timer added in the race track.
- Leaderboard added in the combat zone.
- New social features also include chat emojis.
- Shortly after this update, pet rumble will be available to all.
- Matchmaking will be available from June 9.
- 4 new minigames added to the scientists’ tasks.
- For pranksters, a new skill called Trap is available.
New Weapons and Balance adjustments
- For Battle Royale and Clash Squad
- Secondary weapon with SMG ammo
- Good for close quarter combat
- Base Damage: 17
- Rate of Fire: 0.055
- Magazine: 18
- Attachments: none
- For Battle Royale and Clash Squad
- The grenade will explode and leave an aura that deals damage overtime. Useful to force enemies out of cover
- Explosive Damage: 100
- Explosion Radius: 5m
- Ice Frost Radius: 5m
- Ice Frost Duration: 10s
- Deep Freeze- Players inside Ice Frost will reduce 10% movement speed, 20% rate of fire, and receive 5~10 damage/s based on the duration inside the Ice Frost. Ice Frost will affect allies
- Minimum damage buffed from 36 to 45
- Effective range increased by 25%
- Accuracy increased by 28%
- Fire rate in Machine Gun Mode increased by 25%
- Damage multiplier to Gloo Wall, Oil Barrel, and Vehicles buffed from 100% to 120%
- Damage to arms and legs raised by 25%
- Damage to body nerfed by 10%
- The Kar98k had no armor protection before but now it has been given 40% armor penetration
Characters and Pets
- A dancer and music creator
- Bullet Beats makes D-Bee increasingly focused with higher accuracy and movement speed
- When firing while moving, movement speed increases by 5/7/9/11/13/15%, accuracy increases by 10/13/17/22/28/35%
- Paloma has been buffed to become the real queen of arms
- Her Arms Dealing skill works will all ammo types except the 40mm ammo
- It has been increased by 30/60/90/120/150/180 to 45/60/75/90/105/120 and will not take up inventory space
- Clu is also being buffed to increase consistency
- Scan Radius increased from 30/35/40/40/45/50m to 50/55/60/65/70/75m
- Scan Duration raised from 5/5.5/6/6/6.5/7s to 5/5.5/6/6.5/7/7.5s
- CD bumped from 50s to 75/72/69/66/63/60s
- Enemy positions are shared with teammates at level 1 now instead of 4
- Laura’s accuracy multiplier has been adjusted so weapons can be extremely accurate when you use the right skills and attachments
- Accuracy has been greatly buffed from 10/14/18/22/26/30% to 10/13/17/22/28/35% when you are scoped in
New Pet- Dr. Beanie
- Will be available soon
- When crouched, movement speed increased by 30/40/60%
Gameplays Changes and Optimizations
- Option to add other grenade slots on the HUD. New settings called Two Grenade Slots available in the settings menu.
- In-game voice commands now available.
- Backpack can now be displayed in the lobby via the settings in the Vault.
- Optimized the in-game item pinging feature.
- Mode selection menu display optimization.
- Optimized animation display for the Katana.
- Optimized the background for the character page.
- Level requirement will no longer be required when awakening a character.
- Adjusted the stats display in Battle Royale and Clash Squad Rank Interface.
- Optimized the buttons displayed on the in-game HUD.
- Players can now toggle on/off the vending machine and revival points in the minimap.
- Removed a bug where Clash Squad Rank Shield exceeds 100.
- Players can now choose which rank to display in the Rank Interface.
This brings us to the end of the updates for OB28. It is bringing in a lot of new things and changes. We’re very excited for this update. What is your favorite part?
Enjoy the theme and join the battle with us on Garena Free-Fire, now available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
To know more about Free-Fire check out some of the stuff we’ve written, here.