DEEMO II is a musical game that will take you on the musical journey of a small kid. The aesthetic vibe of the game might be comforting to others in millions of ways. Read to learn about the game and its gameplay.
Introduction to DEEMO II
DEEMO II is a Japanese musical game that is available in ‘Google Play‘ and ‘App Store‘. The game audio is completely in Japanese but there will be English subtitles to help. The game is supposed to bring you to a musical and magical world. This is one of the very well designed games, as you get to interact with the character and things around you, move around places, play piano etc. The very aesthetic and animation drawing is its highlights. When the story part starts it seems like you are in a movie theatre. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it now! Though after installation you have to do a 2GB+ in-game download too.
The game starts with a story of a young kid running through rain towards a Home. When he entered the house, he finds two-character already inside the home. But suddenly he faints and that’s where the game start where you play the piano. Playing the piano helps him to remember some memories and regain consciousness. That’s where the real game begins. In this game, the only playable character is the young kid whose name is ‘Echo’. The Piano part of the game is just like famous games piano tiles, you will have to click on small white tiles which are ‘notes’ when it comes closer to the long white lines called ‘judgement line’ below. The story part is more of a role-playing game where you interact and move around the world.
DEEMO II World Gameplay
Normally you can only move sideways but it’s a 3D world and amazingly they added tons of details to it. so even if you can’t have 360 views of the world but it is still very satisfying to move around. You can go to any exit, gate, stairs etc you just have to go towards it and a sign will come saying ‘Continue’, click on that small icon you can travel around the world. Also when you keep playing, the other places get unlocked too. Overall the story continues like this and the piano is the real main character here. When you move around and go near any character, it shows their name and what they are talking about or thinking. These details are a very impressive part of the game, so is the realistic background sounds.
The Piano Notes
You have to click on those notes when it reaches the judgement line. You can’t click on the notes multiple times either. The notes will light up different colours showing if you have done it perfectly, early or too early. If you click right on time when the note reaches the judgement line, the note will turn ‘Golden/Yellow’. If you have clicked on the note just a little before it reaches the judgement line it will turn ‘Green‘, if you have clicked on way too early then it will turn ‘White‘. These white note doesn’t make any sound. Also if you miss one note, you lose charming hit points. (Charming Hit points are the count of how many times you’ve clicked on the notes consecutively without missing them). Lastly, there will be some side notes which will come together so you have to hold on to the spot of the judgement line where the small yellow notes will touch and slide along. Note’s speed changes depending on the song.
Tips and Tricks
- It might take time to adjust to the game, but keep exploring, you will discover various sides of the story world that you need to visit in order to proceed.
- Since it’s a musical game, and to enjoy the background music and piano and everything, it’s highly recommended to use headphones.
- If you want to skip the animated story part which normally doesn’t cotain any dialogue, you can just hold the small button that will appear on the top right corner. press and hold to skip.
- Since there’s no fix place for where the notes will appear, you can actually play it as a real piano with one hand with all ingers if you have good control. It gives a very realistic experince of playing an actual piano.
- If you don’t click on notes bit early or release the hold of long note before it ended, this won’t affect your ‘charming hit’ count, but it might affect your overall score rate.
- Try to link your account, otherwise your progress won’t be saved. The games takes time to tell its story, so starting from the begginng might be discouraging.
Overall it’s a very interesting game that will take you on a magical musical journey and fantasy world. Follow the story complete the missions and enjoy the calm aesthetic vibe. Highly recommended!
Also, check out our list of the Top 10 Best Free Strategy Games for Android and iOS