Awaken Demons is an idle RPG game in which the player is attempting to conquer all Devildom with their army of demons. It can be quite a complex game to jump into if you are not too familiar with such titles, so this guide will show you everything you need to make the madness more digestible.
What to expect
In Awaken Demons, you may expect a lot of demon-fighting, however, you will be tackling more admin than action. Your demons will be taking the stage and fighting on the top of the screen and will expect you to run around buying upgrades and research and making sure all of your items are in order. You do get to decide which demons make it to the team and get to throw them in gauntlets and castles to battle the inhabitants. There is a lot to do on your part, and I’ll happily initiate you on the basics.
How to control your spending sprees
One major part of Awaken Demons is spending your five currencies on upgrades. I’ll quickly go through what they’re used for, and how to prioritize their outgoings.
- Gold. Gold is used primarily to upgrade your demon’s level. In the beginning, you will have surplus gold, and don’t know what to do with it. When you have a crew of five or six demons, it is important to budget your gold, as you probably won’t be able to spend it all. I would recommend prioritizing your most powerful demons, and only leveling up the weaker ones if you have sare gold. In this game, your weaker demons will most likely be replaced rather quickly, so it is not worth pumping a lot of gold into them.
- Soul. The soul is used to the same effect as gold, and the same suggestions apply. Each demon has a separate level tree, each tree upgrade is spent using their respective currency, soul or gold. The soul is harder to obtain, so ration this one well!
- Diamond. Diamonds have versatile usage. They are spent on research, in the item shop, and on other less mainstream purchases. The research is vast and assists you in a number of ways. I would recommend prioritizing research that influences the tier of spawned or merged demons. This will more dramatically decrease the speed of getting a new demon than actually decrease the spawn countdown. Also, increasing the online/offline combat speed helps dramatically. I would be cautious of overspending in the item shop unless you have an abundance and need the item.
- Magicka. Magicka assists with awakening your demons and enhancing your equipment. Your demons have level caps, that can only be increased by sacrificing another demon in an awakening. Enhancing the Equipment makes them marginally stronger. I would be frugal when it comes to enhancing items unless they are high quality or you really appreciate the benefit. When it comes to awakening the demons, however, I would not hold back. Even for demons not as strong as the others, awakening them is not expensive and will allow you to improve the demon to be helpful for their temporary duration. Prioritizing your strongest demons goes without saying.
- Merging Essence. Merging Essence is used to summon lower demons for quicker merging and to improve the summoning altar to speed up the spawning of new demons. I would suggest you don’t spend essence on lower demons, the shortcut isn’t worth their price! Spend it instead on research upgrades.
As you can see, there is a lot to keep on top of. Navigating all the screens to spend all the money will take you to many corners of the game needed to play it, research, equipment, demon enhancements, and the shop.
Where you can send your demons to fight!
Why would you spend all that money on upgrades only to not put your demons to the test? Awaken Demons has a few avenues to throw your demons at, so let’s get going.
- Adventure. The adventure map is very comprehensive. As you advance stages, you unlock different places on the adventure map. There are boss battles, area fights, castles to explore, team fights, and more to come. Make sure to play each one as much as you can before your keys or times run out, to get as many rewards as you can, and put your demons through their paces.
- World Challenges. World Challenges are separate boss fights that increase your gold production by a certain percentage. They are fun – but tough! So only attempt them when you are ready.
Collect your rewards
There are so many rewards to collect. Event rewards, daily and weekly rewards, achievements, level-up rewards, quest rewards, daily login rewards, guide manual rewards, and even more. It is quite explicit when you have uncollected rewards, but just make sure you cash in on everything you can!
Also Read: 5 Best Disney Games On Mobile 2022